Founded In: 1998
Webmoney founded its service in 1998 has more than 28 million users and is owned by WM Transfer Ltd. WebMoney offers services allowing user to keep track of your funds, resolve disputes and carry out safe transactions.
There are different accounts with different interfaces having specific guarantors for each account keeps users funds safe. Users are allowed to keep money in Webmoney wallet referred to as "purses" and a user can register with multiple accounts for any interfaces which are provided. Each account comes with Webmoney unit (WM) in which the appropriate type of valuable is measured.
The Webmoney system supports several types of Purses that keep record of valuables property rights of corresponding types:
- Z-Purse: WMZ — Goods certificate, in USD;
Guarantor for WMZ — Amstar Holdings Limited
- E-Purse: WME — Bearer's bank cheque in EUR;
Guarantor WME — Netec Financial ltd
- R-Purse: WMR — Bearer's bank cheque in Russian Rubles;
Guarantor for WMR — LLC "BMP"
- U-Purse: WMU — Bank account claims in UAH;
Guarantor for WMU — UGA Ltd
- B-Purse: WMB — Electronic Belorussian Rubles;
Guarantor for WMB — Technobank OJSC
- K-Purse: WMK — A receipt for the right to receive EKZT from the guarantor for a certain amount;
Guarantor for WMK — Kazgarant LTD
- G-Purse: WMG — Warehouse receipt for stock Gold in a certified storage area;
Guarantor for WMG — WM Metals FZE
- X-purse: WMX — Stored property rights to publish entries in the global public database of the bitcoin.org network.
Guarantor for WMX — INDX Transactions Ltd.
There are different purses management device provided by webmoney to get an access to your account
Regular web-site purse. It is compatible with any browsers, including mobile.
A simple and user-friendly application for mobile devices and MacOS, Linux.
Web-site purse with extended functions.
Program for MS Windows.